Neilanie of Will Work For Polish
has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much – I feel flattered! Go check out her blog – it’s quite lovely.
Here are the rules:
- The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
- The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
- The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
- These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
- They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
11 Fun Facts About Me
- I’ll put cheese on everything and everything! Peanut butter and cheese sandwiches = best snack ever.
- I love retro and classic (well, I guess 80s is ‘retro’ these days) video games. My favourite video game is Earthbound for the Super Nintendo.
- I like Korean clothing and pop music. Seoul seems like such a stylish and fun city for young people so I want to go there someday!
- I’m a huge procrastinator. You know that person panicking the night before a due date because they haven’t started yet? That’s me!
- I’m a serial tea drinker. I have to stop myself otherwise I’d chug a litre of tea without much thought.
- I didn’t get a proper haircut (meaning more than a trim) until I was 14 years old, and I hated it so much I cried. Now that I’ve found a stylist who knows how to do curly hair, I love getting my hair cut (though my wallet doesn’t).
- I’m super clumsy so it’s very rare that I go a day without injuring myself, breaking something, or spilling stuff everywhere.
- As a kid I was a huge tomboy and semi-goth metalhead. I still am, somewhat…I just dress much better, haha! No more ridiculously baggy pants with straps on them.
- I wear glasses for 2 reasons: one, I’m scared of scratching my eyes when removing contacts; two, because I think they make me look smart. =P
- In the true Canadian fashion, I love bacon, maple syrup, hockey, snow, and Tim Hortons.
- I love Decoden, which is basically an odd Japanese subculture that involves sticking cute charms, rhinestones, ribbons, and pearls on everything you own. My desk is usually a sea of cabochons and little rhinestones. I even found some in the bathroom and I don’t know how they got there…
Questions for Me
1. Why did you choose to give your blog the name it has now?
I…dunno. It sounded cute. Berries are pretty cute I guess!
2. What started your love of nail polish/ nail related things?
As a teen, I discovered a Japanese magazine called Nail Max when I went to a salon. Nail Max is basically a showcase of some of the top nail salons and designs in Japan, and it also shows tons of techniques and products. From there I found a bunch of other Japanese magazines like Nail Up and Nail Venus. I was hooked instantly. If you can find scans of Nail Max/Nail Up/Nail Venus, take a look even if you don’t understand Japanese.
3. On the scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how addicted are you to nail polish/ nail related things? why?
10 all the way!! I’ve spent a good chunk of my formative years doing my nails haha.
4. How do you store your nail polish?
I use an old perfume box and chocolate/candy tins. They’re the perfect size and they look really cute!
5. Matt or glossy nails?
Glossy all the way. Matte nails freak me out for some reason.
6. Who are the bloggers you look up to the most?
is my blog inspiration. I have no idea how she has so much time to do those swatches…and how her nails look perfect even after swatching a million times a day.
7. What other things occupy your time? hobbies?
My hobbies are drawing, crafting, and video games.
8. What do you do for a living?
9. Which nail polish company would you like to work for?
China Glaze, I’ve never had a CG polish that I didn’t like!
10. What is your favorite nail product?
Seche Vite. It’ll probably give me cancer, but my manicure will be perfectly dry!
11. What do you think about fake nails?
I like the look and feel of falsies but I prefer my natural nails. I’m too low-maintenance for false nails.
Questions for You
- 1. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
- What is the worst nail polish mishap you’ve ever had?
- When you break a nail, do you cut them all short or do you keep them long?
- What nail trends do you like?
- What is your favourite nail art design to do on your own nails?
- Do you wear unusual nail colours to work?
- Which celebrity manicure do you like the most?
- Who is your favourite nail polish blogger, or your biggest nail polish inspiration?
- What nail trend do you refuse to try?
- Show a picture of your best manicure ever!
- Would you like to do nails professionally or own a salon?
Award Nominees (oh gosh I can’t find many…time to find some new blogs!! Haha.)
- Short and Sweet in Texas
- My Adventures in Nail Art
- Nail Art Love (Sassy Darlings)
- Hatch A Swatch
- 26 Nails
- Making The Most Of What I’ve Got
- Beyond the Case Coat